Things to consider before buying a used iPhone
There are so many things you must check before buying aused iPhone. For example, you have to check if the phone is a stolen phone or not, you must also check to know if the phone is locked or not, you must check to know if the mobile phone battery is still in good condition among other things.
These are things that you don’t want to miss because it can land you in very big trouble. For example, you must check to know if it’s stolen or not. Many people have landed themselves in prison for buying a used phone with their hard-earned money.
Once you are arrested with a stolen mobile phone, you will defend yourself, if you fail to or you cannot defend yourself well, you will be arrested. Even if you are not docked consider the stress you have to pass through just because you skipped only one step.
Aside from the legal aspect, you can buy a used iPhone and you may end up frustrated if the device is faulty. This is one of the worst things you will ever imagine. Used items come in different conditions and that’s the main reason you must make out time to inspect and test the device thoroughly.
Without wasting much time, let me start by talking about the things you should consider when buying a used iPhone.
Things you must check when buying a used iPhone
1. Your budget: This is the first thing you put into consideration. Your budget determines the models of the iPhone you will purchase. For example, if you have 150 Dollars and you are looking forward to buying an iPhone 11 Pro, it won’t work. You should be looking forward to buying an iPhone 6 or later model.
2. Verify the IMEI number of the iPhone to know if it’s stolen or blacklisted: This is a very important part of it. You don’t want to miss this because it can land you in jail or something bigger. You will check for two things which are :
a. If the IPhone is genuine. If you want to check this, go to Swappa to check if the iPhone is genuine.
b. Check if your iPhone is blacklisted. We always recommend you check if the device is blacklisted. Once it’s stolen or blacklisted, you might land yourself in big trouble. To check if your phone is blacklisted, Go to Settings >> General >> About then swipe down to IMEI, copy the IMEI number, and head over to CTIA Stolen Phone Checker or IMEI checker built by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA). Once you paste the IMEI number in the box provided, complete the necessary security check and click on Submit or enter. Once you submit it, you will get a response if it’s stolen or not.
3. Check if the iPhone is locked with iCloud: This is a very important thing to check. If your mobile phone is locked, be rest assured that you have been duped or scammed. You cannot unlock the device. Even if you succeed, know fully well that you are just using a stolen mobile phone.
Because of this, Apple incorporation built a website that contains all data about the iPhone. The website is https://www.icloud.com/ . You can check the IMEI of any iPhone on this website. To check if the iPhone is locked, copy the IMEI number and head over to the website, paste it and you will get full details of the iPhone.
4. Check if it comes with a valid warranty: This is for people who live in developed countries. I doubt if this warranty works in Nigeria. If your country supports this, you can always check the warranty information on https://checkcoverage.apple.com/us/en/. Once you go to the website, follow the prompt.
5. Run a thorough check on the iPhone before paying for it: If you fail to run a thorough test on the phone before buying, you might end up buying a liability. You should test the: Screen, Buttons, Speakers, Ports, Camera, Liquid damage, Connectivity, etc.
6. Reset the iPhone: It’s always advisable to reset any used iPhone after purchase. Once you purchase a used iPhone, you must reset it to erase all the old user’s data. Once you do this, the locks will be returned to factory settings and you can now enjoy your iPhone.
7. Compare prices online: This is one of the most important things to do. Compare the price online. If you are in Nigeria. You should check out the post on the price of UK used iPhone in Nigeria. It’s comprehensive. You can also compare prices by checking other e-commerce websites.
With this, I know you are armed with enough information about the topic. If you have any suggestions, you can drop it in our comment box.
Don’t forget to share because sharing is caring.